Carry more fuel without sacrificing bed space in your 2001-2010 GM 6.6L Duramax LB7/LLY/LBZ/LMM Crew Cab Short Bed with the S&B Tanks 10-1006 62 Gallon Midship Replacement Tank. No corners were cut in the designing of this tank. First, the tank is molded to allow for maximum capacity as well as clearance, contouring to allow for full driveshaft travel without any obstruction or possibility of rubbing. A common issue with large capacity tanks is fuel sloshing. S&B cuts down fuel sloshing with the addition of internal baffles midway through the tank.
Looking to run a sump with this tank? Well, S&B is way ahead of you by integrating a sump right into the tank. You heard right, there's no need to drill a big hole in the bottom of your new tank. Just remove the aluminum plug, drill and tap a 5/8" hole and you're ready to plumb right into your fuel system using the supplied fittings that follow the channel in the tank. Sticking with an easy to install theme, your factory sending unit requires no modification for installation, just drop it in following factory procedures. Both the vent and rollover vent are made from brass as well as the transfer pump fitting which gives you the ability to draw fuel directly from the tank instead of putting an additional fuel tank in the bed (transfer pump coming soon). If your factory fuel tank came equipped with a skid plate, it may be reinstalled on the bottom of the new S&B tank! Backed by S&B's limited lifetime warranty.
S&B Tanks Features:
- 62 Gallon Capacity
- Anti-wave Internal Baffles
- Reuses Factory Sending Unit
- Integrated Transfer Pump Fitting
- Patent-Pending Integrated Fuel Sump
- Double Coated Stainless Steel Hardware
- High-Density Crosslink Polyethylene Construction
- Direct Bolt-In Installation - No Modifications Needed
- Fits Crew Cab, Short Bed models only.
- Sold as a bare tank only. Fuel system components shown in photos are for demonstration purposes and are not included.